These protocols were shared by Protocol Exchange (http://www.nature.com/protocolexchange/), an open resource from Nature Protocols for the deposition and sharing of protocols for biological and biomedical related scientific research.
These protocols are free to read, copy, distribute, transmit and adapt provided that attribution to the work is always given by its proper citation and that such reuse is not for commercial purposes.
To download the protocols in PDF format just click on the protocol you want to use. Alternatively you can access the protocols in the Protocol Exchange website by clicking on the link inside the parenthesis next to each protocol.
- Cell Biology
- qPCR-based protocol for absolute quantitation of apoptotic DNA (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/protex.2013.079)
- Analysis of apoptosis by propidium iodide staining and flow cytometry (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2006.238)
- High-efficiency transfection of small RNAs and plasmid DNA in human cells (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2007.349)
- mRNA expression analysis by real-time PCR (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2009.138)
- Nonviral approach to efficiently transfect primary tissue derived cells using polyethylenimine (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2012.038)
- Simultaneous semi-dry electrophoretic transfer of a wide range of differently sized proteins (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/protex.2013.095)
- Cell Culture
- Changing medium and passaging cell lines (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2007.319)
- Detection of mycoplasma in cell cultures (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2010.43)
- Generation of mouse bone marrow-derived dentritic cells (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2009.137)
- Generation of mouse bone marrow-derived macrophages (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2009.136)
- In vitro generation of CD4+ CD25+ regulatory cells from murine naive T cells (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2007.258)
- Measuring lymphocyte proliferation, survival and differentiation using CFSE time-series data (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2007.297)
- Microbiology, Virology and NTDs
- Purification of extracellular and intracellular amastigotes of Trypanosoma cruzi (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/protex.2011.265)
- Leishmania parasite detection and quantification using PCR-ELISA (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2010.68)
- Quantification of beta-human papillomavirus DNA by real-time PCR (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2009.153)
- A universal real-time PCR assay for the quantification of group-M HIV-1 proviral load (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2008.108)
- Qualitative PCR–ELISA protocol for the detection and typing of viral genomes (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2007.311)
The American Society for Microbiology also provides free, online laboratory protocols. Click here to go to their website and access their protocols.