On this page you can find a variety of career resources available in the Global Health Network.
The first resource you should consider is the Professional Membership Scheme. The Professional Membership Scheme is a comprehensive, high quality on-line system for maintaining an audited profile, and for tracking and guiding training and professional development in the field of clinical research. It allows individuals to record the course of their professional development and is beneficial to employers as it offers a professional ready-made package to help them support, guide and develop all of their clinical research staff. The scheme provides information, e-courses and guidance, and is a free, secure, validated and recognised system. You can access this by clicking on this link to the Professional Membership Scheme.
Some of the articles are mainly focused on careers in clinical research, but most of the advice and tips are general and can be applied to non-clinical laboratory research careers too.
- A Practical Guide to Planning an Academic or Research Career
- How to find a research job
- Writing research CVs
- How to Write a Brilliant Cover Letter
- Interview tips
- Ten Simple Rules for Approaching a New Job (research job interviews advice)
- Careers in Scientific Research
- Science career alternatives
- Ask the Experts: Research Careers Month - Laboratory Careers (New!)